KDY-I-25 series SPDs are Type 1 surge protective devices designed to discharge high current surges without any damage to the back-up electrical equipments. This surge protective device spots its capacity to withstand impulse current with 10/350µs wave form which simulates direct impact coming from a natural lightning current. This SPDs are installed at the entrance point of the building, in the main distribution board of this installation.
- Iimp - 25kA/Phase (10/350μs waveform)
- Imax - 160kA/Phase (8/20μs waveform)
- Uc - 385V for main distribution panel
- Up –low protection level 1.8kV/phase
- Short action response time, only 25ns
- Advanced anti-surge components MOV/Gas Spark
- State-of-the-art surge protection technology
- Simple installation, easy maintenance
|Power System||220/380V main distribution panel|
|Impulse Discharge Current(Iimp)[10/350us]||25kA(10/350µs)|
|Nominal Discharge Current (In)[8/20us]||25kA(8/20µs)|
|Maximal Discharge Current (Imax)[8/20us]||160kA(8/20µs)|
|Nominal Voltage(Un)||AC 220V/380V|
|Maximal Continuous Operating a.c. Voltage(Uc)||AC 385V|
|Voltage Protection Level at In (Up)||<1.8kV|
|Response Time (tA)||100ns|
|Telesignalisation Remote Indicator(TS)||/|
|Maximal Back-up Fuse||100A gG|
|I/O Interface||terminals, copper|
|Connection Cross-section (min.)||4mm2 stranded/flexible|
|Connection Cross-section (max.)||35mm2 stranded/flexible|
|Place of Installation||indoor|
|Mounting||35mm2 DIN rails acc. to EN 60715|
|Enclosure Material||thermoplastic acc. to UL94 V-0|
|Degree of Protection||IP20|
|Test Standard||GB 18802.1-2011 / IEC 61643-1|
|Stocking Temperature||-40℃~+80℃ (-104℉-176℉)|
|Operating Temperature||-40℃~+80℃ (-104℉-176℉)|
|Relative Humidity (RH)||5% - 95% (non-condensing)|
|Operating Altitude||<3000m (9843ft)|
1. For best performance, mount protector as close t service panel as possible, protector must be connected to a dedicated overcurrent devices sized for the protector's wires.
2. Must install SPD strictly according to the wiring diagram provided
“L1, L2, L3” – live line
“N” – null line
“PE” – Earth wire/Grounding line.
3. Must cut off the power before installation, no hot-line operation is allowed, and better to under the guidance of professional electrician.
4. Green tab, normal work status, Red tab, failure status, need to be replaced Rapidly.
5. Grounding wire should be as thick and short as possible, resistance<10Ω. The grounding line: BVR≥2.5 mm2.
Model Selection Table
|KDY-I-25/385/3P||AC SPD, 25kA/Phase, 10/350µs, for TN-C three-phase 4-line AC main power distribution system, 35mm DIN Rail|
|KDY-I-25/385/4P||AC SPD, 25kA/Phase, 10/350µs, for TN-S three-phase 5-line AC main power distribution system, 35mm DIN Rail|