KDY-65 Series SPDs are designed to protect electric and sensitive equipments against induced surge. This surge protective device spots its capacity to withstand impulse current with 8/20µs wave form and low voltage protection level. This SPDs are installed at the sub distribution board of this installation, like transformer room, distribution cabinet, and switch cabinet.
- Imax - 65kA/Phase (8/20μs waveform)
- Uc - 440V for main distribution panel
- Up –low protection level 2.3kV/phase
- Short action response time, only 25ns
- Advanced anti-surge components MOV/Gas Spark
- Pluggable module for convenient replacement
- State-of-the-art surge protection technology
- Failure status indicator, green/red
- Telesignailsation indicator for remote failure alerts
- Simple installation, easy maintenance
|Power System||220/380V main distribution panel||PE|
|Nominal Discharge Current (In)[8/20us]||40kA(8/20µs)|
|Maximal Discharge Current (Imax)[8/20us]||65kA(8/20µs)||60kA(8/20µs)|
|Nominal Voltage(Un)||AC 220V/380V||255V|
|Maximal Continuous Operating a.c. Voltage(Uc)||AC 440V|
|Voltage Protection Level at In (Up)||≤2.3kV||<1.2kV|
|Response Time (tA)||25ns|
|Status Indicator||Green/Red tabs|
|Telesignalisation Remote Indicator(TS)||optional|
|Maximal Back-up Fuse||40A gG|
|Connection Cross-section (min.)||6mm2 solid|
|Connection Cross-section (max.)||25mm2 stranded/16mm2 solid|
|Place of Installation||indoor/outdoor|
|Mounting||35mm2 DIN rails acc. to EN 60715|
|Enclosure Material||thermoplastic acc. to UL94 V-0|
|Degree of Protection||IP20|
|Test Standard||GB 18802.1-2011 / IEC 61643-1|
|Stocking Temperature||-40℃~+80℃ (-104℉-176℉)|
|Operating Temperature||-40℃~+80℃ (-104℉-176℉)|
|Relative Humidity (RH)||5% - 95% (non-condensing)|
|Operating Altitude||<3000m (9843ft)|
1. For best performance, mount protector as close t service panel as possible, protector must be connected to a dedicated overcurrent devices sized for the protector's wires.
2. Must install SPD strictly according to the wiring diagram provided
“L1, L2, L3” – live line
“N” – null line
“PE” – Earth wire/Grounding line.
3. Must cut off the power before installation, no hot-line operation is allowed, and better to under the guidance of professional electrician.
4. Green tab, normal work status, Red tab, failure status, need to be replaced Rapidly.
5. Grounding wire should be as thick and short as possible, resistance<10Ω. The grounding line: BVR≥2.5 mm2.
Model Selection Table
|KDY-65/440/1P+1||pluggable SPD, 65kA/Phase, 8/20µs, for single-phase 2-line/3-line AC main power distribution system, better grounding, 35mm DIN Rail|
|KDY-65/440/2P||pluggable SPD, 65kA/Phase, 8/20µs, for single-phase 2-line/3-line AC main power distribution system, 35mm DIN Rail|
|KDY-65/440/3P||pluggable SPD, 65kA/Phase, 8/20µs, for TN-C three-phase 4-line AC main power distribution system, 35mm DIN Rail|
|KDY-65/440/3P+1||pluggable SPD, 65kA/Phase, 8/20µs, for TT three-phase 4-line AC main power distribution system, 35mm DIN Rail|
|KDY-65/440/4P||pluggable SPD, 65kA/Phase, 8/20µs, for TN-S three-phase 5-line AC main power distribution system, 35mm DIN Rail|
|KDY-65R/440/2P||pluggable SPD, 65kA/Phase, 8/20µs, telesignalisation indicator for remote failure alerts, for single-phase 2-line/3-line AC main power distribution system, 35mm DIN Rail|