The NKP-TEL-5C-2/2a combined surge protector is designed to protect Ethernet data ports and power against transients caused by lightning and surges at the same time. It features shielded RJ45 jacks for 10/100Base-T CAT5/CAT5e Ethernet cable and terminal blocks for AC power ports. The systematic use of MOV, gas discharge tube and fast clamping diodes, provides a large discharge current capacity and low insertion loss, ensuring reliable communication.
- CAT5/CAT5e Ethernet surge protector
- Combined protection for 10/100 Base-T Ethernet & AC power
- RJ45 connector
- Ultrafast response time <1ns
- Systematic use of MOV, 3-pole gas tube and fast clamping diode
- Industrial grade cast aluminum construction with integral mounting feet
|Typical Application||CAT5/CAT5e Ethernet network & AC power|
|Nominal Operation Voltage(Un)||Ethernet: ≤5Vdc; Power: 15-220V dc/ac|
|Maximal Operation Voltage (Uc)||Ethernet: 9Vdc; Power: 270V dc/ac|
|Nominal Discharge Current (In)||Video(C2): 3kA (8/20μs); Power(T2): 3kA (8/20μs)|
|Maximal Discharge Current (Imax)||Power(T2): 6kA (8/20μs)|
|Voltage Protection Level (Up) [X-X:1kV/0.5kA]||Ethernet(C2): ≤800V; Power(T2): ≤1800V|
|Response Time (tA)||1ns|
|Insertion Loss||≤0.5dB (60MHz)|
|Max. Transmission Rate||10/100Mbps|
|I/O Connector||Ethernet: RJ45 jacks; Power: terminal blocks|
|Protection Port Numbers||each line for power/Ethernet|
|Place of Installation||indoor|
|Mounting||35mm standard rail (optional)|
|Enclosure Material||aluminum alloy|
|Degree of Protection||IP20|
|Stocking Temperature||-5℃~+40℃ (-41℉-104℉)|
|Operating Temperature||-20℃~+70℃ (-68℉-158℉)|
|Relative Humidity (RH)||5% - 95% (non-condensing)|
|Operating Altitude||<3000m (9843ft)|
- Must disconnect power before installation, no hot-line operation is allowed, and better to under the guidance of professional electrician.
- For best performance, mount protector in serial with the equipment it is protecting as close as possible, and better to install one protector at each end of the data line.
- The ground wire on the product (if included) must be attached directly to the metal chassis of the equipment to be protected. The length of the grounded wire is not to exceed 11 inches.
- No special maintenance is needed, however regular inspection is needed, especially during storm seasons.
Model Selection Table
|NKP-TEL-5C-2||2-in-1 Combined Ethernet Surge Protection Devices for CAT5/CAT5e Ethernet network and AC power, RJ45/terminal blocks|
|NKP-TEL-5C-2a||2-in-1 Combined Ethernet Surge Protection Devices for CAT5/CAT5e Ethernet network and AC power, RJ45/terminal blocks, small size|
|NKP-TEL-5C-3||3-in-1 Combined Ethernet Surge Protection Devices for CAT5/CAT5e Ethernet network, AC power and control signal, RJ45/terminal blocks/terminal blocks|