The NKP-TEL-1U surge protector is designed to protect data and communications equipment against transients caused by lightning, electrostatic discharge and ground surges that can enter equipment from the signal lines or chassis ground. The NKP-TEL-1 features terminal blocks/RJ45/RJ11 plugs for modems, telephone lines and answering or fax machines.
It uses a combination of MOV, 3-electrode gas discharge tube and fast clamping diodes to provide large discharge current capacity and ultrafast response time. It’s for use as secondary surge protection at the equipment level behind a primary protection environment.
- ADSL/PSTN telephone line surge protector
- RJ45 connector
- Ultrafast response time <1ns
- Industrial plastic/Shielded enclosure
- Systematic use of MOV, 3-pole gas tube and fast clamping diode
- 19” inches rack-mount
|Typical Application||ADSL, PSTN|
|Nominal Operation Voltage(Un)||≤110V|
|Maximal Operation Voltage (Uc)||≤180V|
|Nominal Discharge Current (In)||5kA (8/20μs)|
|Maximal Discharge Current (Imax)||10kA (8/20μs)|
|Voltage Protection Level (Up) [X-X:1kV/0.5kA]||≤220V|
|Response Time (tA)||1ns|
|Insertion Loss||≤0.2dB (2MHz)|
|Max. Transmission Rate||2Mbps|
|Protection Port Numbers||8/16/24 ports(optional)|
|Protection Circuit||2 pins(4, 5) for each port|
|Grounding Protection||PE line for grounding|
|Failure Indicator||unilluminated Green light|
|Place of Installation||indoor|
|Mounting||19” inches rack-mount|
|Enclosure Material||aluminum alloy|
|Degree of Protection||IP20|
|Operating Temperature||-20℃~+70℃ (-68℉-158℉)|
|Relative Humidity (RH)||5% - 95% (non-condensing)|
|Operating Altitude||<3000m (9843ft)|
- Must disconnect power before installation, no hot-line operation is allowed, and better to under the guidance of professional electrician.
- For best performance, mount protector in serial with the equipment it is protecting as close as possible, and better to install one protector at each end of the data line.
- The ground wire on the product (if included) must be attached directly to the metal chassis of the equipment to be protected. The length of the grounded wire is not to exceed 11 inches.
- No special maintenance is needed, however regular inspection is needed, especially during storm seasons.
Model Selection Table
|NKP-TEL-1C||Surge Protection Devices for ADSL/PSTN Telephone Line, RJ11 connector, 2 pins(2, 3), unfixed mounting|
|NKP-TEL-1J||Surge Protection Devices for ADSL/PSTN Telephone Line, terminal connector, 2 lines 4 pins, 35mm DIN Rail|
|NKP-TEL-1Ja||Surge Protection Devices for ADSL/PSTN Telephone Line, terminal connector, 1 line 2 pins, 35mm DIN Rail|
|NKP-TEL-1U-8||Surge Protection Devices for ADSL/PSTN Telephone Line, 8 ports, RJ45 connector, 2 pins(4, 5), 19” inches rack-mount|
|NKP-TEL-1U-16||Surge Protection Devices for ADSL/PSTN Telephone Line, 16 ports, RJ45 connector, 2 pins(4, 5), 19” inches rack-mount|
|NKP-TEL-1U-24||Surge Protection Devices for ADSL/PSTN Telephone Line, 24 ports, RJ45 connector, 2 pins(4, 5), 19” inches rack-mount|