NKP-TEL-5C/5C-8 provides lightning and surge protection for CAT5/CAT5e Ethernet data ports. Fast clamping diodes clamp any voltage, positive or negative on the pins. The limits are on pins 1, 2, 3, 6 for NKP-TEL-5C, and all pins 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 for NKP-TEL-5C-8. It features shielded RJ45 jacks, along with metal housing helps reduce the effects of EMI interfaces. Besides, a ground lug is provided directly on the Ethernet surge protector housing providing superior grounding. For maximum protection from transient surges on long cable runs, two NKP-TEL-5C/5C-8 can be used, one at each end of the cable.
- CAT5/CAT5e Ethernet surge protector
- Protect 10/100 Base-T Ethernet networks
- RJ45 connector
- Ultrafast response time <1ns
- Systematic use of MOV, 3-pole gas tube and fast clamping diode
- Industrial grade cast aluminum construction with integral mounting feet
|Typical Application||CAT5/CAT5e Ethernet network|
|Nominal Operation Voltage(Un)||≤5V|
|Maximal Operation Voltage (Uc)||≤90V|
|Nominal Discharge Current (In)||2.5kA (8/20μs)|
|Maximal Discharge Current (Imax)||5kA (8/20μs)|
|Voltage Protection Level (Up) [ X-C:5kV/2.5kA]||≤1.0kV|
|Response Time (tA)||1ns|
|Insertion Loss||≤0.5dB (100MHz)|
|Max. Transmission Rate||10/100Mbps|
|I/O Connector||RJ45 jacks|
|Protected Circuit||4 pins(1, 2, 3, 6)||all pins(1-8)|
|Grounding Protection||PE line for grounding|
|Place of Installation||indoor|
|Mounting||35mm DIN Rail (optional)|
|Enclosure Material||aluminum alloy|
|Degree of Protection||IP20|
|Stocking Temperature||-5℃~+40℃ (-41℉-104℉)|
|Operating Temperature||-20℃~+70℃ (-68℉-158℉)|
|Relative Humidity (RH)||5% - 95% (non-condensing)|
|Operating Altitude||<3000m (9843ft)|
- Must disconnect power before installation, no hot-line operation is allowed, and better to under the guidance of professional electrician.
- For best performance, mount protector in serial with the equipment it is protecting as close as possible, and better to install one protector at each end of the data line.
- The ground wire on the product (if included) must be attached directly to the metal chassis of the equipment to be protected. The length of the grounded wire is not to exceed 11 inches.
- No special maintenance is needed, however regular inspection is needed, especially during storm seasons.
Model Selection Table
|NKP-TEL-5C||CAT5/CAT5e Ethernet Surge Protection Devices, 10/100 Base-T, RJ45 jacks, 4 pins(1, 2, 3, 6) surge protection|
|NKP-TEL-5C-8||CAT5/CAT5e Ethernet Surge Protection Devices, 10/100 Base-T, RJ45 jacks, all pins(1-8) surge protection|
|NKP-TEL-5C-K||CAT5e/CAT6 Ethernet Surge Protection Devices, 1000 Base-T, RJ45 jacks, all pins(1- 8) surge protection|
|NKP-TEL-5U||CAT5/CAT5e Ethernet Surge Protection Devices, 10/100 Base-T, RJ45 jacks, 8/16/24 ports, all pins(1-8) surge protection, 19” inches rack-mount|
|NKP-TEL-5U-K||CAT5e/CAT6 Ethernet Surge Protection Devices, 1000 Base-T, RJ45 jacks, 8/16/24 ports, all pins(1-8) surge protection, 19” inches rack-mount|
|NKP-POE-WD/J||CAT5/CAT5e/CAT6 Ethernet Surge Protection Devices, 10/100/1000 Base-T, RJ45 jacks, 4 pins(1, 2, 3, 6) or all pins(1-8) for Ethernet network, 4 pins(4, 5, 7, 8) for DC PoE surge protection|