The NKP-TEL-4U surge protector is designed to protect coaxial signal equipment against transients caused by lightning, electrostatic discharge and ground surges that can enter equipment from the signal lines. The NKP-TEL-4U features BNC connectors for camera, cable TV, cable network, and satellite antenna. The systematic use of MOV, gas discharge tube and fast clamping diodes, provides a large discharge current capacity and low attenuation, ensuring reliable communication.
- Coaxial signal surge protector
- Camera/cable network/satellite antenna
- BNC-K/BNC-K connector
- Ultrafast response time <1ns
- Transmission Rate: 20MHz
- Systematic use of MOV, 3-pole gas tube and fast clamping diode
- 8/16 ports, 19” inches rack-mount
|Typical Application||coaxial video signal system|
|Nominal Operation Voltage(Un)||≤6V dc|
|Maximal Operation Voltage (Uc)||≤8V dc|
|Nominal Discharge Current (In)||5kA (8/20μs)|
|Maximal Discharge Current (Imax)||10kA (8/20μs)|
|Voltage Protection Level (Up) [X-X:10kV/5kA]||≤500V|
|Response Time (tA)||1ns|
|Insertion Loss||≤0.5dB (20MHz)|
|Max. Transmission Rate||20Mbps|
|Protection Port Numbers||8/16 ports (optional)|
|Place of Installation||indoor|
|Mounting||19” inches rack-mount|
|Enclosure Material||aluminum alloy|
|Degree of Protection||IP20|
|Stocking Temperature||-5℃~+40℃ (-41℉-104℉)|
|Operating Temperature||-20℃~+70℃ (-68℉-158℉)|
|Relative Humidity (RH)||5% - 95% (non-condensing)|
|Operating Altitude||<3000m (9843ft)|
- Must disconnect power before installation, no hot-line operation is allowed, and better to under the guidance of professional electrician.
- For best performance, mount protector in serial with the equipment it is protecting as close as possible, and better to install one protector at each end of the data line.
- The ground wire on the product (if included) must be attached directly to the metal chassis of the equipment to be protected. The length of the grounded wire is not to exceed 11 inches.
- No special maintenance is needed, however regular inspection is needed, especially during storm seasons.
Model Selection Table
|NKP-TEL-4C||Coaxial Surge Protection Devices for Video Surveillance, BNC-K/BNC-J Connector|
|NKP-TEL-4U||Coaxial Surge Protection Devices for Video Surveillance, 8/16 ports, BNC-K/BNC-K Connector, 19” inches rack-mount|
|NKP-TEL-4C-T||Coaxial Surge Protection Devices for Satellite antenna and Cable network, specific connectors for all appliances(N, BNC, F, L16, SL16, etc.)|